Bubblegum Club is a Johannesburg-based cultural agency, looking for a talented mid-level Motion Designer to join our team in Johannesburg on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will work closely with our Design Director to create dynamic and innovative work for our diverse range of clients. This is a great opportunity for an individual with a strong understanding of design principles, typography and visual language, and who has the ability to adapt to various styles and mediums with interest in working in a dynamic environment.
Work collaboratively with our Design Director and creative team to conceptualise, design and execute motion graphics and animations for various platforms and mediums.
- Ability to animate and design style frames beautifully in a variety of design styles.
- Assist in the creation of animation storyboards.
- Animate logo builds, typography and transitions.
- Work closely with our video editor, art director on a variety of animation projects.
- Provide accurate time estimates for each part of the process.
- Encoding, converting and editing videos, and adding effects/elements to enhance motion graphics.
Strong After Effects Animation knowledge
Ability to make 2D artwork move in an elegant way
Understand key framing and the graph editor very well
Compositing skills and basic VFX knowledge
Understand the 3D and 2D animation pipeline
Strong design sensibility, with an eye for composition, typography and layout
Desire to learn new techniques and to push the boundaries within the motion graphics field
Experience / Qualifications:
- 3+ years of motion design or related skills experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong portfolio demonstrating exceptional design and animation skills
- Experience in Cinema 4D, and GPU rendering a huge plus
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadline
- Ability to adapt to various styles and mediums
Keen eye for detail and takes pride in crafting their work
Dedicated and highly capable
Ability to work under pressure
Strong communication skills and team orientation
Receptiveness to creative direction, feedback and constructive criticism
Adaptable and collaborative
Able to solve design problems and take initiative
If you are a talented and experienced Motion Designer who is looking for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you. At Bubblegum Club, we are committed to promoting emerging artists and supporting the next generation of creative professionals. If you share our passion for creativity and innovation, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Click here to apply!
Application deadline: 10 March 2023